Two-Ingredient Tuesday: Hot Damn Chia Jam
Chia is one of those ingredients that you just find more and more uses for. After using it to top oatmeal, make pudding, and keep myself hydrated adding it to my water, a few months ago I discovered the most delicious new use for chia--JAM!!
I don't know about you, but I dont have the patience to simmer fruit for hours or add mountains of sugar to it just to have the beautiful jammy texture to put on my toast or in my yoghurt. So when I discovered just how easy chia jam was to make I jumped for joy. And also made it like, every day. Seriously. DO IT.
(And put it on pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, toast, in yoghurt, cottage cheese, coyo, etc etc)
Berry Chia Jam
Chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, loaded with fiber, protein, and are great in keeping you energized, hydrated, and regular!
- 2 cups various frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc)
- 2 TBSP white or black chia seeds
- add all to taste: vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon, lemon/orange zest
- 1 scoop Collagen peptides (totally tasteless, just good for you! my fave: Vital Proteins Grass-fed Collagen Peptides)
- In a sauce pan, add your frozen berries
- Cover and simmer on low until berries are cooked, mushy, and it's at a good simmer (about 4-6 min)
- Add your chia seeds (the more you add the thicker your jam will be) and continue to simmer for one minute.
- Taste and sweeten if desired, then store in a glass jar in the fridge. It will set as it cools!