I Love You So Matcha (Morning Drinks Cont'd.)
MORNING BEVERAGE #2!
(PSST...IF YOU MISSED POST #1, CHECK IT OUT!)
Who ever said you can't have a milkshake for breakfast? Well, this matcha shake really tastes as good as one, but has all the protein, healthy fats, and low sugar content to make this a seriously solid breakfast choice.
I've been known to play around with the ingredients depending on what I have. I'll use a handful of cashews one day, and replace that with almond butter or even tahini the next. As long as you don't get the proportions way outta whack it should work out well.
Morning (or afternoon) Matcha Shake
Matcha is super high in catechins (aka anti-oxidants) and has 3X the caffeine as regular green tea. Unlike the caffeine in coffee, this kind absorbs into your blood stream more slowly, giving you steady fuel without the peaks and valleys.
- 1 1/2 cups Milk of your choice (almond, coconut, rice or cow’s)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tsp matcha
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (MCT oil! Google it.)
- 2 Tbsp cashews (makes it extra creamy and boosts protein. Almond butter works here too)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 scoop greens powder (my fave: Super Greens by intraNATURALS)
- Blend all ingredients except nibs together until everything is homogenous
- When fully blended, add nibs and blend again for 2-3 seconds so they get crushed but still have texture