5-Minute Chocolatey Banana Pudding (GF, DF, V)
As an optimist, I like to think that there are delicious treats out there that aren't bad for us. Ones that may actually be...healthy? And as an unrelenting kitchen tinker-er, I have found a pretty good one here. This couldn't be easier to make, and the ingredients are actually nourishing and health supportive! Banana + cocoa powder+ coconut oil = yum. Try this and pass it on, your tastebuds and your tummy will love you.
Chocolatey Banana Pudding
Bananas are high in potassium and fiber; cocoa powder is a great source of anti-oxidants and also super freaking yummy. Recipe serves 2.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp good quality cocoa
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt
- sprinkle of cocoa nibs
- handful of raspberries
- 1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- dollop of coconut cream or yoghurt (my fave: Anita’s Coconut Yoghurt)
- In a bowl mash bananas with vanilla extract well with a fork
- Heat coconut oil over medium flame in a pan (preferably ceramic non stick), add banana mixture and stir to prevent sugar from burning (if you live in a dorm or are feeling particularly lazy, you can microwave your banana for 35 seconds)
- When mixture is heated and smells amazing (the vanilla is really heaven here), transfer back into bowl and add cocoa powder, mixing well to combine
- Sprinke with sea salt (and any toppings you desire) and ENJOY!